The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance is delighted to announce the launch of the 2-year Foundation Degree in Songwriting for September 2011, a new full-time Degree programme.
As part of the Institute’s rapidly growing Songwriting programme, the course is focused on developing each songwriters unique creative voice, combining both the craft and skill of songwriting with the entrepreneurial and business skills required to create a rewarding career in the music industry.
Delivered at the Institute facilities in London by the UK’s leading teaching faculty, the key attributes of the course include:
- Developing creativity as a songwriter
- Challenging songwriters to develop the skills required to function successfully in a wide range of industry environments
- Producing a significant body of work in preparation for the work place
- Entrepreneurship and business skills, helping graduates exploit their creative ability
- Teaching transferable skills that prepare students for the real world, including self-management, career planning, marketing, promotion, social networking and interpersonal skills
- Opportunities to undertake industry work experience
The Foundation Degree in Songwriting course is subject to validation.