Performing live in the USA?

Did you know there are three royalty collection societies in North America for songwriters? They are The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), Broadcast Music Inc (BMI) and SESAC.

If you’ve performed a gig in the US and want to receive any royalties you are owed as soon as possible, it’s a good idea to register your live performance details with PRS for Music as soon as possible after the event using the On-Line Live Reporting process on the PRS for Music website. This will ensure that any royalties will be collected and paid to you in the quickest possible time frame.

ASCAP and BMI have the following deadlines to submit your live performances:

So if you’ve performed live in the USA recently, get online, log it and PRS for Music will pass the details onto the respective American society. You can also use the On-Line Live Reporting facility to report performances in other countries around the world, just visit the PRS for Music website and log on.

Share this

Subscribe to our RSS Feed