The US is by far the largest music market in the world representing 33% of worldwide sales. The mission is to help build relationships by bringing UK companies to meet the US industry. The mission offers companies an excellent opportunity to visit the biggest music market in the world, whether seeking to develop new business or maintaining relationships with existing contacts.
The one day mission programme will be held in Austin (Texas) on 17th March and gives delegates the opportunity to meet with contacts covering the North American industry.
The Indie Music Trade Mission offers:
- A programme including Seminars and Panels focussing on Live/Touring, Digital and Sync from key North American music industry personnel plus B2B meetings.
- Brochure of UK delegates’ information.
- An invitation to the British Launch Party where you will have the opportunity to network with US industry guests.
- Access to staff from AIM, UK Trade & Investment, the British Consulate General, who will be on hand prior to, during and after the trade mission to equip you with essential market knowledge and advice.
- A UK mission briefing, held in London early in the new year.
- SXSW registrations at discounted rates (only available to mission delegates).
SXSW mission delegates can also take advantage of an exclusive offer of a discounted rate for CMW plus discounted hotel rates.
There will be a non-refundable registration fee of £75.00 + VAT per delegate to participate in this mission. Application deadline is Monday 4th January 2010.
Delegates are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and personal expenses. Funding may be available from UK Trade & Investment (please contact your local International Trade Advisor www.uktradeinvest.gov.uk).
Previous mission programmes have included presentations by:
Collection Societies: Soundexchange, ASCAP
Digital: IODA Alliance, eMusic, The Orchard
Distributors: Caroline, Koch Entertainment, Red, Ryko
Labels: Artemis, One Little Indian, Road Runner, The Leaf Label, Thirsty Ear, Tommy Boy, Warp, Beggars Group, Domino
Lawyers: Carroll, Guido & Groffman LLP
Marketing/Promotion/PR/Media: Magnum PR, Planetary Tag Team Media
Mobile Phone: MI Cellular, MusicKube
Soundscan: Neilsen Entertainment
Sync: Zync Music, Search Party Music
Touring: AEG Live, Magus Entertainment, William Morris Agency
UK Trade & Investment Overseas Market Information Service (OMIS) through which you can organise market research and pre-arrange additional contacts/meetings.
For further information and an application form please email Phil Patterson UKTI firstname.lastname@example.org on with AIM for North America 2010 – Application Form Request in the subject line, until the 8th December 2009, then after this date to Judith Govey – email@example.com
Application deadline is Monday 4th January 2010.